- 1 ½ cups rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 large butternut squash peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into wedges (I used a red onion)
- 2 medium carrot, peeled and sliced
- 2 celery sticks, washed and sliced
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place rice in slow cooker.
- Place squash on top of rice.
- Add onion, carrot, and celery.
- Pour in vegetable stock and lemon juice, and evenly drizzle with olive oil.
- Add marjoram, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on Low setting for 4 to 6 hours.