Pages

Thursday 19 January 2012

Resolutions of a sort

I don't generally do new year resolutions, why?  I'm not very good at sticking to them.  But this year I am making an achievement list, which is simple really.  Our aims are:

1. RECYCLE MORE
2. TRIM THE FOOD BUDGET
3. EAT ORGANIC AND LOCAL
4. GROW YOUR OWN SMALL PATIO PRODUCE
5. FINISH THE GARDEN
6. RELOCATE THE HENS
7. ENJOY MORE FAMILY TIME
8. START MY OWN BUSINESS (already underway and separate from our existing business)

Well, when I look at that little list I know that it is all achievable and hopefully enjoyable.

I do have some personal goals like, being more organised, getting fitter, dropping a dress size and improve my knitting.  But not resolutions these goals are with me pretty much on a permanent basis.  I would really like to concentrate of greener living as well (which is included in the above achievement list).

I did start yesterday with being a bit more organised.  I purchased a slow cooker on sale £27.00 (love a bargain).  I did have one many moons ago and used it a lot.  I think this will get a lot of use and will help to organise my daily routine and busy schedule.

So I will hopefully start meal planning, which should help to trim the food budget (No. 2).  Yesterday's fare was not bad we had butternut squash bake (I will share the recipe for this) and today we are having vegetable stew.  By the way we are vegetarians so this new purchase should help with trying new things too.

I am off to do a couple of hours work on the existing business and will hopefully start working on my new website tonight.  In-between looking after my two poorly boys, both have temperatures and snotty noses today!  

I will be back with pictures and recipes for the slow cooker soon.

Clare x

No comments:

Post a Comment